Motorcycles are the vehicle of choice for many. Some use them to save on gas, and others just love to ride with the open air all around them. Motorcycles are often a big topic for discussion, and this week wasn’t any different:
- U.S. motorcycle thefts have declined, even as California gained, according to Susanna Pak. The overall rate of motorcycle thefts was down 6% last year from the previous year, but in California there are actually more thefts now because it didn’t rain as much and more people got the chance to ride.
- Sons of Anarchy makes Ron Perlman part of biker royalty, says Geoff Boucher. Since Perlman started his role as Clay Morrow, leader of the Sons of Anarchy Motorcycle Club, he has gotten a lot of attention from real motorcycle clubs from all over.
- TwoWheelMania has described the recent decrease in motorcycle thefts. However, there is still one motorcycle stolen around every 11 minutes or so, meaning people need to take precautions to keep their bikes from being stolen.
- Matt Flegenheimer discusses how a New York City councilman has proposed a bill to let motorcyclists park free. They currently use meters that issue receipts, but the receipts tend to blow away and the motorcyclists are then ticketed.
- From October 18 to 21, Biketoberfest will be going on at Daytona Beach in Florida. There will be many things going on at the local businesses, including live music from local bands every night. For the full calendar of events, click here.
- Biketoberfest is here! This weekend, the Biketoberfest Festival will be held at Daytona Beach Florida with all kinds of bike shows, motorcycle rides, food, music, and fun.