A saddlebag was once used for cowboys to carry their gear and ammunition on their horse’s backs. Now, motorcyclists, when on a long trip, use them in the same way to carry all of their motorcycle accessories and gear. These special storage units come in a variety of different sizes and shapes. Even the color can be chosen by the rider to match their bike. Every biker should have them on their motorcycle if they want the extra space to carry what they need. To learn more, read PJ Campbell’s write-up from the LifeTips website.
Beginner riders need to be aware of what type of motorcycle apparel is out there and which pieces they should be wearing. They should not simply grab whatever the nearest gear is and throw it on. Instead, for their safety and comfort, beginners need to be well-versed in motorcycle gear and which accessories are necessary. For example, should they be wearing a regular bike helmet, or a full face one? The full face one is the better choice, because it provides extra coverage and protection. Biker Florin Tibu at the autoevolution website has more riding tips for beginners.
If you have any mini motorcycle accessories you need to put somewhere safe, or even your money or a key, you can easily put them in a PocketBand. This new invention is essentially a bracelet that allows you to store small items in. Any biker can wear the band with their key or money inside, where it will be kept safe, instead of falling out of their pocket while on a ride. For more information on this invention, see Mike Werner’s description of it from the Motorbiker News website.
Motorcycle apparel has been out there for a long time. Sometimes more popular, other times less popular, and no matter of the year’s fashion dictates, they have always been a stylish way of making a statement. Nowadays’ trends have showed us how versatile leather jackets can be and how much acclaim they always get both on the runaways and in everyday life. Why are they so popular? How can you use biker clothes to underline what’s best about your looks? How can you make the most out of just a couple of biker accessories?
Motorcycle Clothing – A Good Fit For Everyone’s Style
Regardless of what you’ve heard before and regardless of your usual fashion style, biker apparel can be easily and successfully incorporated into your wardrobe. When it comes to biker/leather clothing items, creativity is the key. Here are some examples of how to wear a leather jacket “like a pro”:
- Are you the more romantic type? Worry not! A leather jacket can be worn more than greatly with your usual flowery dresses. In fact, if you choose the right jacket, you will add a bit of contrast to your outfit and look incredibly good wearing it. Go for straight, more classic-like cuts and try to avoid black. Light brown, red and burgundy might suit you better (but then again, this is a matter of which colors look good on you in general).
- Retro and vintage styles get along with leather. That is a fact. A pair of high-waist jeans, a sequined top, a pair of old-school boots or sports shoes and a biker jacket will make your 80’s look complete.
- Elegant style does not say “No” to the biker apparel either. Little black dresses, and even button-down shirts can look amazingly trendy with a leather jacket.
A Motorcycle Jacket For Each Body Type
Like with every other clothing item out there (regardless of the style it belongs to), the secret to looking fabulous is choosing the right cut. That being said, here are a couple of tips on how to choose a jacket made out of leather according to your body shape:
- Hourglass-shaped women are generally blessed and they can wear almost anything and any type of cut. Still, the fitted jacket is more suitable since it will accentuate the small waist and the beautiful curves.
- A narrower frame, more rectangular-like will be best complemented by army-inspired and double-breasted clothing items. They will add more volume to a smaller body and they will make your body look harmonious and well-built.
- Flared coats look great on apple-shaped women. Also, adding something to accentuate the waistline (a belt, for example) will make you look more hourglass-like.
- Pear-shaped bodies are best flattered by tulle-cropped coats and jackets. Basically, what you need to do is add a little more volume on the upper body and optically narrow the lower part of it.
Another way of getting a biker or military-inspired look is by accessorizing a basic outfit so that it gets that “bad girl” tint to it. Eyeglasses, boots, patches, “dog tags”, and makeup will make even the least interesting outfit look stylish and polished. For example, a pair of jeans and a white shirt will be instantly styled up with a pair of military boots, a patch and a pair of aviator sunglasses. See? It’s not that hard. You just have to let your imagination flow and the biker-inspired style will come to you!
Motorcycle accessories and gear are quite necessary for a biker. Everything from jackets, to tires, to bright clothing at night are important for every biker to have and understand their qualities. Here we have discussed each:
- Ryan Gosling was seen wearing a red leather jacket in one of his latest films, “The Place Beyond the Pines.” The jacket was auctioned off at over $4,000 to go to charity.
- Tire accessories come in handy if you want your tires to be not only the best in performance, but looking cool as well. You can switch up your wheels to give your bike a customized look.
- Motorcycle accessories can greatly increase the look and performance of your motorcycle and some of them are must-haves that every biker should own, like suspension and tires.
- Night time riding can be made safer with the use of certain biker accessories. Things like bright clothing and reflective tape are good things to use while riding your motorcycle in the dark.
- If you are wearing regular glasses, motorcycle sunglasses, or have a piercing, you need to be careful when putting on your helmet. You don’t want it to catch on anything which could cause something to break or you to get hurt. See a video tutorial for how to put your helmet on correctly if you wear any of these items.
- The best biker accessories are those that increase not only the look of your motorcycle, but the way it rides as well. Choose accessories that improve both aspects to make for a better riding experience.
There are many biker accessories that you can include on your motorcycle to make it run faster, better, and more efficiently. There are also some accessories that simply make your bike look cool. They serve the purpose of adding customization to your bike. The best accessories, however, are those that do both. They both enhance the look of your bike and the performance at the same time.
One area that you can work on to add both to the look and performance of your bike is the tires. By getting new tires on your bike, you change up the look as well as increase speed and ability. Different types of motorcycles require different kinds of tires. There are off-road tires, street tires, and many other types. Whatever you intend on doing the most on your motorcycle, you need to choose the right tires to accommodate your riding needs. You can also change up the wheels to make them different colors, which gives your bike a customized look. By changing the tire and wheel, you get better performance and an enhanced look.
It is also important that you find the proper biker accessories for the time of day it is. During the day when it is light out, you will not need things like lights, reflective tape, and bright clothing because people will be able to see you easily. At night, however, you need these accessories to keep yourself in view so an accident does not happen when a driver doesn’t see you. These types of items are highly necessary when riding in the dark.
No matter which accessories you choose for your bike, just be sure that they are worth it. You can easily add something to make your motorcycle look better, but you want it to make it run better as well. Accessories that work for both aspects are the best ones there are.
When you are wearing motorcycle sunglasses, or even if you have regular glasses, you should be careful when putting on your helmet. Do not leave the glasses on while you are putting on and taking the helmet off, remove them first. Once the helmet is on and in position, you may then slip the glasses on your face. This will ensure that your helmet is not getting caught on your glasses and tugging on them, which could cause them to break. For a video explanation of how to put on a helmet if you wear glasses or have a piercing, see Tony’s description on YouTube.
There are many biker accessories that one can wear to make a night ride much more safe. Everything from bright clothing, to brake lights, and even reflective tape can make your ride safer. You want to make sure that you are visible to anyone else on the road. Accidents happen when other drivers can’t see a motorcycle turning around a corner, and with these accessories, they will now be able to. This will prevent accidents from happening. WikiHow explains more about how to safely ride a motorcycle at night.
Motorcycle accessories are a great way to enhance the look of your motorcycle and even the performance. There are certain must-have accessories that all bikers should be sure to include. Tires are one major thing that you should think about for your motorcycle. Different tires work better on different terrain types. Suspension is also important to increase the speed of the bike. Maricon Williams of Yahoo! Voices further explains how buying motorcycle accessories enhances a rider’s experience.
The type of riding you typically do will determine which type of tires you are most likely going to need. There are many motorcycle tire accessories that you can use to increase the power of your tires, as well as the look. Different bikes will need different tires such as off-road, street, or track. You can make your tires look cool by changing up the wheels – making them chrome, black, or whatever else you may want. Garth Sundem explains all about motorcycle tires and accessories on the How Stuff Works website.